Thursday 15 December 2011

Totes impressed

On my trip to New York back in August, I spotted a woman carrying the most gorgeous colour-block tote.
I exclaimed to my husband that I loved it so much I felt like going up to her and asking where she bought it. I think he replied with something along the lines of ‘don’t be stupid!’.

A few cities later I spotted the bag again, this time on the arms of a fashionista in Milan. I realized that it wasn’t likely I was going to find it hanging in the accessories section of Zara or H&M.
Not the woman I saw, but this is Chiara Ferragni from The Blonde Salad with THE tote.
Image via The Blonde Salad

Chiara again with the gorgeous tote. Image via The Blonde Salad
Strolling through the accessories department of the Galleries Lafayette I spotted the bag, mystery solved…. It was a Céline tote. It was gorgeous, but at more than $1,100, way more than I could afford to spend.  
Image via Céline

However, back in Australia a few weeks later I was browsing the bag section of ASOS, and this little copycat tote practically jumped into my online shopping cart. It has one extra colour than the Céline tote, but I figured in the world of colour blocking the more the merrier!
Image via ASOS

Image via ASOS

The ASOS tote is now sold out, but at just over $100 and made of gorgeous soft leather, I’m pretty chuffed with my Céline-inspired tote.
And if you’re after a similar one in the colour blocking genre, ASOS is currently selling this synthetic red and pink tote for $34.00. If you overlook the black handles it looks a bit like the inverse of one of Céline’s new colour block totes for Spring 2012.
ASOS colour bock shopper
Image via ASOS
  
Céline colour block tote
Image via Céline


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...